How to setup fax in Elastix
Elastix is using Hylafax. As such all tools and applications that interface to Hylafax can be used.
Here is the Virtual Fax Extension configuration Step By Step:
Configuring Elastix Fax Module
- Click on the FAX tab on the Elastix Admin configuration screen
- Click on the New Virtual Fax selection and fill in the information
Virtual Fax Name: HK Office (or whatever you wish)
Destination Email: Using yours or a group email address
Caller ID Name: This should be your organization name
Caller ID Number: Your Fax number
Fax Destination (IAX): This should be your extension we will setup for receiving fax
Secret(IAX): This is the password of your extension.
- Click on Save
- That’s a virtual FAX machine setup and ready to go as soon as we create an extension.
Create a Fax extension
This extension that we will be setting up is an IAX extension, which differs slightly from the SIP
extensions that you are used to.
- Select “Generic IAX device” at the “Create new extension” screen
- Fill in the Extension information
User Extension: XXXX (Same user extension when you setup your virtual fax)
Display Name: HK Fax (or whatever you want to call it)
Secret: 1234 (make sure this is the same secret you use when you setup your virtual fax)
Fax Extension: Disabled
Incoming/outgoing recording: Disabled
Press submit when done.
- We have now created a complete working virtual fax machine.
Directing Fax to the correct extension (Dedicated Line)
If you have dedicated line for the Virtual Fax, under freePBX, all you do is set the incoming route of your Fax DID to go directly to extension XXXX.
Change in Zapata.conf
- Login Elastix console by root
- vi /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
- Remove the comment on the line faxdetect=incoming
If the line is not there then add faxdetect=incoming” to your zapata.conf file
- Reboot your Elastix Server
Trackback from your site.